Minichi Contracting Group
Work Continues on Harrison Avenue Bridge in Scranton, PA
Minichi is approacing the completion of its 100th bridge.
Fire trucks roll across the Moosic Main Street Bridge, renamed Moosic Veterans Memorial Bridge, during a ribbon- cutting Thursday morning. The bridge closed April 2011, and was rebuilt at a total cost of $1.4 million.
Minichi, Inc., the contractor who rebuilt the bridge, was proudly present at the ribbon-cutting ceremony, along with many local politicians and dignitaries. Fittingly, the ribbon was cut by a World War II veteran.
Construction on Harrison Avenue Bridge Begins
This project consists of the construction of a 3 span continuous composite steel multi girder bridge and the removal of a 3 span reinforced arch bridge over Roaring Brook Creek and the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad. The proposed work includes an MSE retaining wall, sanitary sewer relocation, full depth superpave HMA bituminous pavement, new guiderail, landscaping and erosion & sediment control measures.
Statue Honoring WWI Doughboys in Storage during Construction | Read More...
Minichi is a PennDOT prequalified contractor in almost all facets of construction including excavation and roadwork; bridge demolition, bridge construction and rehabilitation. Minichi is particularly adept at structural steel repairs and deck overlays using latex.
This type of bridge reconstruction has become an increasingly important part of Minichi's portfolio.
As a design-build project, Minichi made a relatively complex project very, very simple. The result: a gorgeous new superstructure that was erected in six weeks at 20% less cost than the second bidder.
Minichi has completed numerous bridge construction, reconstruction and culvert projects all over Northeast Pennsylvania for PennDOT, the Department of Environmental Protection, local municipalities and the Federal Highway Administration.
COMPLETED AND CURRENT PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- SR7410 Main Street Moosic bridge replacement
- SR6011 Harrison Avenue Bridge Replacement,
Scranton, Lackawanna County
- SR7211 Bridge Replacement, Lackawanna County
- SR2009 Design/Build Bridge Rehabilitation, Bradford
- SR11 Deck Rehabilitation, Lackawanna County
- SR1015 Precast Bridge Replacement, Lackawanna
- SR407 Concrete Culvert, Lackawanna County
BRIDGE REHABILITATION AND NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Demolition of the existing structure
- Temporary Sheeting, Shoring
- Cofferdams/Piling and concrete substructure with steel or concrete beams, concrete deck and parapet.
- Minichi has completed bridge construction and rehabilitation projects for: Federal Highway Administration, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Districts 3, 4, and 5; City of Scranton, City of Wilkes Barre, and numerous county and local municipalities.